Review: Laneige Water Drop Tinted Lip Balm

Guess what arrived at my doorstep today


 It came safely and nicely packed with lots of bubble wraps in the evening.

That's right! I bought the newly released Laneige Water Drop Tinted Lip Balm. Compared the prices on Qoo10 and on retail. It is going for S$33. I think I paid about S$25 on Qoo10. But the downside of buying online is that you can't try it before buying.

Realised that the box is slightly dented but all is good because the tinted lip balm inside was not damaged.




Decided to buy because I saw an korean actress wore during a drama that I was following religiously. To be exact the drama is called "House of Bluebird"…it is a family drama so there are lots of episodes. But the good thing about family dramas is that the story are well developed. Back to the topic of Laneige Water Drop Tinted Lip Balm. The lip colour looked natural and sweet on her. I know I won't looked as good as her but I bought it anyway (haha gullible enough to fall for product placement). Below is an image of the actress with the lip balm on.

Credit: Laneige Facebook Page
 The lip balm comes in three colours. They are Pink Peach, Juicy Plum and Fresh Lime. I bought Pink Peach because the actress wore that colour and honestly I am not very confident or wearing bright lip colour so…yea to play it safe.




So above are the photos of Laneige Water Drop Tinted Lip Balm at first look. 


So above is how my lips looked liked after putting it for this first time. Unfortunately, I don't look as sweet as the actress HAHA.

So what is thought about the product after my first application?
For someone who does wear lipstick at all, I find the product easy to apply. I find that it looking like a lip gloss. However, it is more moisturising that the common lip gloss or lip balm. So I feel that the Moisture Upgrade claim is working? The colour is very light in opinion. My sister said it is not obvious at all. So for those who are going for the natural look, you can opt for this product. The tint does stain my lips slightly, I can see that my lip is brighter than usual after wiping the balm off. The balm lasted for about three hours because I ate during that period. I am not sure if this is the average or below average. Anyway my sister thinks that I will fit a brighter colour…I am not to sure about that.

To end off. For those who are intending to buy this product, I saw a video that showed that the Laneige Water Drop Tinted Lip Balm can be used on the cheeks and above the eyes. Do check it out below.

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.